Sling TSi Fair Oaks CA

Come and introduce yourself here.
ToddJohnson

Sling TSi Fair Oaks CA

Post by ToddJohnson »

I have been enamored by aviation since I was young. Got my PPL at 18. Flew off and on (more off than on) when time and money permitted. Bought my first airplane (Europa XS Tailwheel) 2013 and sold it last year after about 500 hrs of flight time. Great Airplane, but its time for something more comfortable, faster and flys easily where O2 is needed. Test flew Lancair IV(awesome but insurance nightmare), Vans RV 10, and lastly Sling TSi. The flight in Torrence was the first test flight that my wife walked away saying to buy the airplane. We Put in an order for our TSi Feb this year. Expected delivery is sometime Oct-Dec?? I’ve decided to do builder assist through Evan Brunye so I can get it done in a short period of time, and I like the little extras he does that increase the quality of the build. Yep its more expensive, but I can work an extra year to cover the difference and be flying 2 years earlier than building myself. I anticipate completion around July or August 2023.

I’ve been looking for Sling “fly ins” here in the US, and it appears AirVenture is the only one. I love seeing the large gatherings in South Africa. Once We get ours flying, I’d love to attend some gatherings here, I don't know if anyone out there feels the same? How about a gathering on Catalina island, or swamp boat ride and gumbo in Louisiana, Gouldings Lodge in monument valley and grand canyon, island in Bahamas?
Look forward to adventures with the sling community,
Todd and Rachel Johnson
Heftiger

Re: Sling TSi Fair Oaks CA

Post by Heftiger »

Welcome to the Forum!
We’re less than 150 miles away from you in Susanville, CA.
We placed our order in March and are around the same timeline as you for kit delivery.
ToddJohnson

Post by ToddJohnson »

Only 45 min by sling! I’ll probably be based out at McClellen airport. Will you be building yourself or factory assist? What do you anticipate your completion date to be?
Heftiger

Post by Heftiger »

We’ll be building from the flat pack, no builder assist planned at this time.
I’m thinking 12-18 month build time but it’s hard to know.
ibgarrett

Post by ibgarrett »

Just for a point of reference for you - I received my flat kit last year two weeks before Oshkosh. We went to Oshkosh and returned to build in earnest. I'm very close to getting the fuselage on the landing gear at the moment. The engine is going to be here "maybe" in October which includes the firewall forward kit. Interior maybe after that. I have all the avionics. I've given myself 2 years and hope to pull it off in 18 months still.
Brian Garrett
Heftiger

Post by Heftiger »

Thanks Brian.
We appreciate your YouTube progress videos. We’re following along closely.
waynemil

Post by waynemil »

Hello,
Just finished builders assist here in Torrance and I am based at Van Nuys. There is one other here with some potential builders, as well as a few at Whitman, just down the road. It is pure joy to fly- Just did my 50 hours.

Wayne