Sling TSi Builder in San Diego

Come and introduce yourself here.
ebrunye

Sling TSi Builder in San Diego

Post by ebrunye »

Hey all, stoked for this forum, hope it can gain traction! Big thanks to Philip for building it out!!

I'm building a TSi full time in San Diego. I'm 30 years old and have a degree in Mechanical Engineering, with most of my experience in manufacturing processes, specifically in the 3D printing world. I was building custom 3D printers for local startups for the past few years, and the industry exploded along the way leaving not much room for the custom one off world, so I've taken my shop in a new direction.

I've been a private pilot for almost 4 years, and do it entirely as a hobby, and don't have intentions of being an airline pilot. The TSi won the decision for me because of the 915is modern FADEC system, as well as the flexibility of the 91 octane mogas or 100LL avgas. This should help keep the engine running cleaner, but also allows to top off at airports without mogas available.

Here are some of my build log videos I recently started, and I will be posting a new video each week. Sorry for the inferior camera work, it's all new to me so hopefully the videos get better along the way.

The first video can be seen here

I'm absolutely loving the build process and the final product is a phenomenal aircraft. Feel free to reach out for any questions, I'd love to help bring the community together in any way I can!
permagray

Re: Sling TSi Builder in San Diego

Post by permagray »

Hi Evan -

Many thanks for doing this video series and all of the great advice along the way. What would be cool is if you kept a running sticky forum post that documented all of your lessons learned along the way (rivet tool, countersink tool, various attach points, mis-drilled holes, stuff not to rivet yet, etc.) so those of us who will be following in your footsteps will be able to be forewarned and forearmed. I'm no expert, but it looks like you are doing a fantastic job.

I am starting on a quickbuild kit in Feb. 2020 and looking forward to getting going. I am sure it will differ from yours, but there is great benefit to seeing everything from scratch.

Cheers and keep 'em coming!

- Rick
nie6600

Post by nie6600 »

Evan, very good video.
ebrunye

Post by ebrunye »

nie6600 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:48 pm Evan, very good video.
Thanks! Trying to keep to the weekly schedule
msejourne

Post by msejourne »

Evan, I raise my hat to you!!! Your videos very extremely informative, and highlighted important deficiencies in the build instructions. Like you, I am a perfectionist and since I will soon be retired, I will have all the time to do things right. WELL DONE PAL!