Sling TSi Builder - Canada Ontario

Come and introduce yourself here.
gordsh

Sling TSi Builder - Canada Ontario

Post by gordsh »

Hi everyone, my wife and I are awaiting our Sling TSi kit and will be building at home in Ontario Canada. I believe we will be the first TSi build in Canada and are in the process of getting the work space and tools in order.

We currently own and fly Diamond DA40 which we absolutely love...but as my CFI once said, every Pilot needs 2 airplanes, one to fly and one to work on, so here were go. On a more serious note we choose the Sling TSi due the fact that its handling characteristics are very similar to those of the DA40 but the usable load and fuel efficiency are much better on the TSi. Not to mention the fact that I eagerly look forward to flying without mixture lever and prop lever operation in the Sling TSi.

We originally planned to do a builder assist with Doug at Custom Aircraft Builders in New York but due to COVID pandemic several obstacles arose preventing the seamless MD-RA Inspection/Supervision between Canada and USA. As such we were forced to do the build in Canada and after watching Evan Brunye awesome YouTube videos for the past year we think we may just pull this off.

Lastly I will say that we became aware of the Sling TSI as a result of the many YouTube videos published by Mike (MojoGrip) who we have been following for a few years.
Last edited by gordsh on Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sling TSi - Ontario, Canada
Cluemeister

Re: Sling TSi Builder - Canada Ontario

Post by Cluemeister »

Welcome!

Some of us are in the order phase, some are building, and some are flying. A great group!
PhilipRueker
Site Admin

Re: Sling TSi Builder - Canada Ontario

Post by PhilipRueker »

Welcome to the group :)
Building a Sling TSi in my Garage.
Build Log | Timelapse Progress Videos