Oklahoma Sling TSi Build

Come and introduce yourself here.
PatrickC

Oklahoma Sling TSi Build

Post by PatrickC »

Hello Sling community!

I recently started my TSi slow-build after a very long wait (due to significant Covid delays). I think I have the technical abilities for this project (I'm an engineer in a non aviation field), but the information on this forum and on the early build logs has been invaluable. Thank you to everyone who is sharing what they have learned!

I'm about a month in to my build, and already gave a horizontal stabilizer, elevator, and rudder to look at. I would have a vertical stabilizer too but I didn't realize my riv-nut tool did not come with an M4 mandrel. The pulled rivets really make the assembly process a piece of cake.

I am documenting my build at https://webuildplanes.com/PC-Sling. This is mostly for me and to satisfy the DAR someday, but feel free to follow along and let me know if I do something terribly wrong.

I am already enjoying this project, and I look forward to contributing to this community.

Patrick
ibgarrett

Re: Oklahoma Sling TSi Build

Post by ibgarrett »

Nice posts on your blog so far and welcome to the forum! I’m still waiting on my kit to arrive. I’m just up the road in the Denver metro area... Looking forward (desperately) to my kit to arrive sometime in late May/early June...
Brian Garrett
PhilipRueker
Site Admin

Post by PhilipRueker »

Welcome to the group and looks like you're already making great progress.

I look forward to watching your progress on your build log :)
Building a Sling TSi in my Garage.
Build Log | Timelapse Progress Videos
okent

Post by okent »

Hey Patrick. I'm in Tulsa and currently flying a Flight Design CTLSi and got my ticket in 2019 as well!
I had visited the Sling build center in Norman in 2019 and it looks like they closed down.
Still have the bug to build and glad there's someone in the state putting one together.
Thanks for the posts, I'll follow your progress.

Tom
PatrickC

Post by PatrickC »

Hi Tom!

I'm just down the road in Broken Arrow. You are welcome to come see what my setup/process looks like in person if you want to. I'll send you a DM with my number in case you are interested.
okent

Post by okent »

8-)
vcaskey

Post by vcaskey »

Also building in Oklahoma. Down in the Norman area at KOUN. Let me know if you would like to take a look at the aircraft for Ideas or more important the best sequence of the build. I do frequent TAF and take plenty of pictures and get advise from the pro's.
Cheers