Sling TSi in Cocoa, FL

Come and introduce yourself here.
Cyrus

Sling TSi in Cocoa, FL

Post by Cyrus »

Hello group! I've been active in the facebook group for a few years, but finally pulled the trigger and found a good deal on a partly completed kit. I'll be working on the wings and empennage over the next few months, and hopefully starting the remainder of the build early next year.

I've been interested in aviation for my entire life, but led life thinking I couldn't get a medical, so never really pursued it until a few years ago and got it. Hopefully I'll be able to have my private checkride in a few weeks and be able to use it!

I spent 5 years living in Torrance before moving to Florida a year ago, and fell in love with the sleek looking Slings while plane-watching from my apartment, now get to stare at the same thing in my garage! I was kicking around an RV-10, and there are several local builders, but after taking the EAA sheet metal workshop, I realized I didn't want to drive 20,000 rivets, I'd much rather pull them instead. That, along with the fact that it's a more modern plane and complete kit made up my mind for me.

I'll likely post a blog link in the coming weeks, I'm still building that up. As a project manager by profession, I'm mostly going to be using JIRA to track the build, but hoping to use APIs to push updates from JIRA to Wordpress automatically. If anyone wants more info on how I'm using JIRA, more than happy to help out there.
Cyrus
Sling TSi in progress.
PhilipRueker
Site Admin

Re: Sling TSi in Cocoa, FL

Post by PhilipRueker »

Awesome and welcome to the forum.

I look forward to seeing your build come along and I'll look forward to see a screenshot of your JIRA system to track your work :)
Building a Sling TSi in my Garage.
Build Log | Timelapse Progress Videos
ibgarrett

Post by ibgarrett »

Welcome Cyrus... that's pretty awesome you found a kit that was partially completed. Best of luck to you in the process! :D
Brian Garrett
Edward_H

Post by Edward_H »

Congrats on getting going, Cyrus. I grew up in Cocoa Beach and the Cherokee I fly now spent a lot of the past 15-20 years at COI. You're in a good place to decide to do corrosion prevention inside the plane!

-Edward
----
Edward - N751EH
Edwardhefter@gmail.com - personal stuff
Edward@AirplaneFactory.com - Official Airplane Factory stuff