Sling Tsi build assist

Come and introduce yourself here.
Cluemeister

Sling Tsi build assist

Post by Cluemeister »

My name is Greg. I got my Sport Pilot Certificate in 2016. Purchased a Tecnam P2008, and have had fun flying that airplane. Decided I wanted more seats and speed, and started training for my PPL. Passed that check ride in May of 2019, and shortly thereafter put the P2008 up for sale.

Really liked the Tecnam, but there was no easy natural step up in their model lineup. The P2010 has four seats, but the speeds were 135-140. Not enough of a speed jump for the money. So I looked at the Glasair Sportsman. Looks like a grown up P2008, and somewhat faster. But I wasn't wild about going with old engine technology, the rear seats were not made for adults, and the speeds were not 150 knots.

So that brought me to the Sling Tsi. True 150 knots with a fuel injected engine that sips fuel, a true four seater, and almost 1,000 lb payload. Went to California to test fly, and shortly thereafter put down a deposit with Midwest Sky Sports.

Although I admire you build from scratch guys, I'm on a build assist, as I definitely need professional support, and would like to finish the plane sooner! The aircraft should be ready January - February 2020.

Looking forward to joining the Sling family of pilots!
Chrisbloch

Re: Sling Tsi build assist

Post by Chrisbloch »

Hello Greg

My name is Chris Bloch, I have my TSI at Mid West Sky sports right now getting the quick build kit completed. I have had fun looking over your TSI at mid west over the last few months. As you know henry is installing your 915 now and it looks great. I am hoping to make some good headway in the next couple of months. I have the tail built, the seats, and some fuel transfer pumps for the aux tanks. I am now working flaps and ailerons, and should have the fuselage in the next few weeks. I just wanted to send you out a note so you have my information if you need to contact me, and alos to get some posts going on this forum.

Philip , thanks for getting this started, forums like that can be super helpful they just need to get up to speed and going

good luck everyone

Chris
Cluemeister

Post by Cluemeister »

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the introduction. I will be back up to Midwest later this month, as we have to do some more riveting, mount the wings and a few other items. I'll shoot you a pm before i head up in case you plan to be in the area!
Chrisbloch

Post by Chrisbloch »

Hey Greg, that would be good,let me know when you are coming up i may be able to take a day off of work and come over. I just checked tonite and i am missing some parts for the back seats so i need to get over and pick them up from my kit, so the timing might work out good. Henry told me today that he is almost finished with your wings, i sent over my fuel transfer pump assemblies fed ex to them to fit into your wings to see how it all will work out, so they are making some good headway.

Fun stuff keep in touch, i am figuring this stuff out so not sure how the PM stuff works on this site, happy thanksgiving i have a ton to be thankful for.