Sling TSI Builder, Tallahassee, FL

Come and introduce yourself here.
Fly-Fla

Sling TSI Builder, Tallahassee, FL

Post by Fly-Fla »

So I pulled the trigger today on a Sling TSI kit. I will be counting the days and I’m sure tracking ships and such as time drags on waiting for delivery. I’ve loved aviation my entire life but couldn’t swing lessons until I was in my 40’s. Finally have the kids out of the house and decided it was time to build exactly what I wanted. I saw the Sling 2 at Sun N Fun many years ago and have been keeping an eye on them ever since. I’m working on a web page to track my progress and will link it here when its up and running.
Cluemeister

Re: Sling TSI Builder, Tallahassee, FL

Post by Cluemeister »

Welcome aboard! The Sling Tsi family keeps growing leaps and bounds!
PhilipRueker
Site Admin

Post by PhilipRueker »

Welcome to the fold of builders :)

Now you'll have some time to get your workshop ready, get your the tools and then hit refresh on your browser anxiously waiting for your kit to arrive :)
Building a Sling TSi in my Garage.
Build Log | Timelapse Progress Videos
ibgarrett

Post by ibgarrett »

Definitely welcome welcome! I put my deposit down in September of last year and am anxiously awaiting mine. I've found the best use of time between order and arrival is getting organized so when things show up you can jump right in. :)
Brian Garrett
hpmicrowave

Post by hpmicrowave »

Welcome to the Sling Builders club. Its getting bigger all the time!! Any way My Sling TSI (Quick Build) is coming along and your welcome to come by for a visit any time. My hangar is at Baker Sky Ranch (18FD Private Grass strip air park) just West of you down I-10 a short distance (assuming your really at Tallahassee FL), Baker is off the Crestview I-10 Exit and then north-west of Crestview. Send me a PM if your interested in stopping by and maybe spending some time helping me do some work?

Cecil
Cecil Jones
Building Sling TSi (Low Wing)
Built/Flying Vans RV8
FtWalton Beach FL/Baker FL 18FD
Fly-Fla

Post by Fly-Fla »

I would love to come down and see how it’s going. I’ll reach out later this month and see if there is some time when you wouldn’t mind me stopping by.
FlyingDiver

Post by FlyingDiver »

What are they quoting for kit lead time?
Fly-Fla

Post by Fly-Fla »

I’m still waiting on an updated estimate, but the first guess was October. We’ll see how it goes. I’ve still got some work to do building another work table and getting the garage finished, but I’ll sure be ready long before October.
ibgarrett

Post by ibgarrett »

FlyingDiver wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:14 pm What are they quoting for kit lead time?
I'd budget at least a year to get the kit. COVID is slowing a lot of stuff down including shipping.
Brian Garrett