CANADA-Vancouver, Sling TSi hopefully by 2023?

Come and introduce yourself here.
kkim1972

CANADA-Vancouver, Sling TSi hopefully by 2023?

Post by kkim1972 »

Hi,

I am glad to meet you all in this forum. My name is Chris Kim and plan to begin building Sling TSi with the tail kit, first this year. I am hopping that ordering the tail kit may gets fulfilled earlier than ordering the complete kit. But I may be wrong. ;)

The goal is the first flight of the completed Sling TSi in the spring of 2023.

In 2021, get my PPL; complete the tail kit; decide to order the rest of kit.
In 2022, Night rating, finish the TSi body; paint; order the engine, prop and electronics.
In 2023, IFR rating, move the plane to a hangar; install engine, prop, electronics; finish the interior. The first flight in May 1.

The plan is subject to many variables outside of my control like the availability of build kits and Rotax 915 engine, stability of the world economy that may affect the operation in SLING Aircraft the company...etc. Nevertheless, if all goes well, by 2024, I would like to be flying my Sling TSi around the world and meeting various peoples and cultures. :D

I wish you all the best!!

Cheers,
Chris
ibgarrett

Re: CANADA-Vancouver, Sling TSi hopefully by 2023?

Post by ibgarrett »

Welcome to the group Kim.. definitely ambitious planning. I wish you the best. You're gonna love it!
Brian Garrett
PhilipRueker
Site Admin

Post by PhilipRueker »

Welcome and I look forward to seeing your plan move forward :)
Building a Sling TSi in my Garage.
Build Log | Timelapse Progress Videos
kkim1972

Post by kkim1972 »

Thx for the warm welcome. The plan is in motion. Now, enrolled in the flight school and the training is underway. The distributor confirmed the tail kit only order has the same lead time of the entire kit: ie. about eight months. The empennage milestone slip is expected, unless I convince the distributor to change the policy and release tail kit only order. (IMHO, it makes a sense. It can promote more builders to plunge into the water without delays. :D The $2K saving of ordering the entire kit saves relatively small, when compared to the total completion cost of $180K...)

Other wrinkle in the big plan is that owner maintained Canadian Experimental Aircraft is not allowed to enter USA. (ie. no Oshkosh trip by Sling Tsi from Canada...). Also many countries require a written prior permission from the ministers of transportation before entering their air spaces. (Need to research more on this legal details.)
ibgarrett

Post by ibgarrett »

You may want to follow FlightChops on YouTube. He's building an experimental and is planning trips into the US (aka "Oshkosh") with it... I haven't been following his build, but there may be some conversation around how to manage the flying an Experimental into the USA.
Brian Garrett