Sling Builder in Huntsville, AL

Come and introduce yourself here.
AlabamaSlingPilot

Sling Builder in Huntsville, AL

Post by AlabamaSlingPilot »

Hey everyone, I am an aspiring Sling Builder in Northern Alabama. My name is James Joy. I am an Engineer by trade. I have been interested in Aviation since I was a small child. Life just got in the way until recently, but I received my Private Pilot License in 2018. I have been renting planes, but there are some many downsides that I decided I needed my own plane. After weighing options, I decided on building the TSI. I went to Torrance and flew N135WT in March. I then put down a deposit on an Empennage kit. I am told to expect it in November. I will go ahead and order the rest of the kits in a staggered fashion a few months apart. I hope that works out. I plan to do as much as possible in my mostly unused Den. It is a room about 12 by 20 so I think I can build all of the major pieces there but won't have to be out in the weather. I will then move to my 2 car garage when I need more room or to paint. In the meantime I am watching all of the videos I can on Sling and aircraft building in general. I am very excited that Evan Brunye is making the series for Sling and I find it very helpful. I am also trying to acquire all of the tools that I need for this project. I am a car guy who has built several car projects, so have a full set of mechanics tools, welders, jacks, etc. None of that seems to really apply to this project. I have a fairly large list of aircraft specific stuff. I plan to document my build on an EAA builder's log and post some videos to youtube. Thanks for reading.
PhilipRueker
Site Admin

Re: Sling Builder in Huntsville, AL

Post by PhilipRueker »

Welcome to the group and I look forward to seeing your progress :)
Building a Sling TSi in my Garage.
Build Log | Timelapse Progress Videos
AlabamaSlingPilot

Post by AlabamaSlingPilot »

Here is a link to my new Youtube channel with a video explaining why I am building a Sling TSi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1YdMJEkF2k
hpmicrowave

Post by hpmicrowave »

Alabama Sling Builder, great to see you jumping into the Sling family!! I'm building a TSi quick build at my hangar in Baker FL, straight south from Huntsville near Crestview FL. My hangar is at the Baker Sky Ranch Airport (18FD). Give me call if you would like to come visit my TSi project in full swing!! Since I'm on a private airfield you are welcome to fly in but you need to coordinate with me for a Hold Harless agreement for airfield access.

Cecil Jones

Cell or Text 850-496-0464
Cecil Jones
Building Sling TSi (Low Wing)
Built/Flying Vans RV8
FtWalton Beach FL/Baker FL 18FD