Living the Dream

Come and introduce yourself here.
Boeing Driver

Living the Dream

Post by Boeing Driver »

Hello All,

I want to give a big shoutout and congratulations to individuals who got this forum started. I am looking forward to using this site as an outlet for learning and discussion.

My back story is this...

From a very young age, I knew I wanted to be a pilot. Maybe not as a career, but I loved looking up and wishing I was up there. I joined the Royal Canadian Air Cadet League when I was 14 years old. This organization helped me grow as a young man, giving me leadership and social skills which I use on a daily basis. In the summer of 1993, I was awarded the Power Course from the cadets and received my Private Pilot Licence when I was 17 years old. After graduating high school the year after, I decided to pursue a career in aviation.

I am now working for an airline in China as a Captain on B737NG/MAX. How I got here is a very long story and I would love to tell it over some beers. Let's just say that in my career I have dealt with polars bears, being shot at, landing on cut lines, engine failures, people dying or being born in flight, working around the world, and lots lots more. I still love flying and I am so glad I am still flying today.

I was inspired by some youtube videos about building my own plane. I have wanted my own plane for a while now and I feel that this would be the best way to back into General Aviation while giving back to the Air Cadets. I am hoping to build the Sling TSi and have have some of the cadets from the local squadrons help out with the build. This will give them a chance to be introduced to aviation hands on. I will keep you all posted when I start the project and will also be documenting the build so we can all learn.

Andrew