Sling TSI Builder 3J1 SC

Come and introduce yourself here.
SlingDriver

Re: Sling TSI Builder 3J1 SC

Post by SlingDriver »

@okent if you don't mind me asking, why did you choose the Inogen O2 concentrator, any particular reason? pros/cons when compared with O2 aviation solutions?
Build process started.
okent

Post by okent »

I've flown with bottled oxygen and the hassle of getting them filled and wrestling them around wasn't the best experience.
With the Inogen units all I have to worry about is having the battery charged. Works great up to 15K which is plenty for me.
I picked up two of the G4 units which puts out the equivalent of 3 liters per minute and the units put out a puff on demand when it senses a respiration.
I bought them used and they can be found for under 1K. Very simple to operate and about the size of a tissue box. Weight is about 4 pounds each.

Edited to add: I am a physician and my understanding is that Inogen is the best manufacturer out there plus they are FAA certified to fly with.
ibgarrett

Post by ibgarrett »

Is 15k the ceiling limits on the ability for the Iogen? I'm currently bouncing back and forth between O2 and the Iogen. I'm leaning towards O2 for the front 2 seats and then building in the capacity for the Iogens if I have passengers...
Brian Garrett
okent

Post by okent »

My understanding is that they produce the rated oxygen amount up to 15k. They may work higher but they're not rated for it and my suspicion is that the concentration would just go down as you go higher.
hpmicrowave

Post by hpmicrowave »

Steve, great to see you jumping into the Sling family!! I'm building a TSi quick build at my hangar in Baker FL, and it so happens i have a RV8 also I just got flying December 2020!!. I'm building my plane at the Baker Sky Ranch Airport (18FD) next to the CEW VORTAC in the FL panhandle. Give me call if you would like to come visit my TSi project in full swing!!

Cecil Jones

Cell or Text 850-496-0464
Cecil Jones
Building Sling TSi (Low Wing)
Built/Flying Vans RV8
FtWalton Beach FL/Baker FL 18FD