G'day from Adelaide Australia

Come and introduce yourself here.
Mark_Y05

G'day from Adelaide Australia

Post by Mark_Y05 »

G'day, I've been contemplating and researching the world of Kit built and have narrowed my choice down to the Sling 2 from a mission point of view and also I think it's a pretty good looking 2 seater. Just waiting on a couple things to align space wise mainly.
I've spoken to Errol at GAP in Queensland and am just figuring out what options are good to order like Long range tanks, Parachute (is it easy to fit later if I option the cables and skins etc or fit during main build) Also not 100% decided on that at the moment. Toe Brake kit etc
Also the biggy for me is I'm leaning towards the 912is so wondering if reliability issues have generally been worked out as I've read earlier iterations did encounter various problems.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Mark
WmInce

Re: G'day from Adelaide Australia

Post by WmInce »

Mark_Y05 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:32 am Any advice would be appreciated.
x2
Bill Ince
Retired Heavy Equipment Operator
Clearwater, Florida
okent

Post by okent »

I don't have a Sling but am on my second CTLS. First was a 912 ULS and was very reliable. Second is a 912iS and just as reliable but lower fuel burn and smoother running. I would not go back to an engine that was not fuel injected.
My local A&P shop has many years of experience maintaining these engines as well as everything from military jets to lycoming and continental engines and hands down feel this is a solid engine.
Hope this helps.
Mark_Y05

Post by Mark_Y05 »

okent wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:36 am I don't have a Sling but am on my second CTLS. First was a 912 ULS and was very reliable. Second is a 912iS and just as reliable but lower fuel burn and smoother running. I would not go back to an engine that was not fuel injected.
My local A&P shop has many years of experience maintaining these engines as well as everything from military jets to lycoming and continental engines and hands down feel this is a solid engine.
Hope this helps.
That does help a bit, My head says to go with the electronic fuel injection over older tech. I intend to do a few cross country trips so figure having a more efficient engine would somewhat outweigh expenses at maintenance and overhaul times. Also as it will be Experimental I'm of the understanding I can undertake some maintenance myself (I'm assuming there's rules around this) I'm definitely more comfortable working on Electronically controlled engines and associated componentry.