Sling TSi - South Africa

Come and introduce yourself here.
gaking

Sling TSi - South Africa

Post by gaking »

Hi all

A quick intro, I'm based near Durban, South Africa and I received my Sling TSi empennage kit on 11 October. I'm looking forward to the journey ahead! I'll be building her in my garage at home. I've been flying on and off for a number of years now, but given the lack of aircraft available for hire & fly in my area I eventually decided to build my own. I haven't flown or even seen a TSi to be honest, so this is quite a leap of faith, however I do have the Sling 2 on my licence and spent a heap of time researching the TSi before deciding to "go for it". I've wanted to build my own plane for many years, so it's finally happening.

I see there are quite a few gaps in the Sling Instructional Videos which Evan put together, I'm not sure if I'm just missing them for some reason or if they were never completed? They've been really useful already over the last few days as I get started.

Cheers
Gary
Joe Azzarelli

Re: Sling TSi - South Africa

Post by Joe Azzarelli »

gaking wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:05 am Hi all

A quick intro, I'm based near Durban, South Africa and I received my Sling TSi empennage kit on 11 October. I'm looking forward to the journey ahead! I'll be building her in my garage at home. I've been flying on and off for a number of years now, but given the lack of aircraft available for hire & fly in my area I eventually decided to build my own. I haven't flown or even seen a TSi to be honest, so this is quite a leap of faith, however I do have the Sling 2 on my licence and spent a heap of time researching the TSi before deciding to "go for it". I've wanted to build my own plane for many years, so it's finally happening.

I see there are quite a few gaps in the Sling Instructional Videos which Evan put together, I'm not sure if I'm just missing them for some reason or if they were never completed? They've been really useful already over the last few days as I get started.

Cheers
Gary
Congratulations! It is an exciting adventure.

Best,
Joe