introduction of Lincoya

Come and introduce yourself here.
Lincoya

introduction of Lincoya

Post by Lincoya »

I am a new, hope to be builder, of a Sling TSI. My name is John Swanson and I am an 83 year old timer. Got my private pilot license in 1982 and accumulated about 120 hrs. flight time. As with a lot of you life and family came along and I was sidelined with making a living as the VP of broadcast engineering for a large media company based in Atlanta. I now live in Greenville, Texas.

I am now long since retired and ready to get back in the airplane business.
Barry Jay at TAF tells me that my entire kit order won't be coming for a while so I have settled for an empennage kit that is coming in February ;) .
I am really impressed with the Sling TSI and am looking forward to the build. By the way, I have a 40 X 40 X 15 foot heated and air conditioned shop
where I have been building large 1/4 scale RC models for about the last 6 years. I have been modelling for the last 70 years, now time to build a big one! I am being assisted in this effort by my oldest son who is an Aero engineer and by Oxley who is a member of this forum.

Promise to not be a pest but I hope I can call on you guys knowledge from time to time.
PhilipRueker
Site Admin

Re: introduction of Lincoya

Post by PhilipRueker »

Awesome and welcome.

I've had many email conversations with Gary already, so I'm sure you'll be off to a successful build as soon your kit arrives :)
Building a Sling TSi in my Garage.
Build Log | Timelapse Progress Videos
Cluemeister

Re: introduction of Lincoya

Post by Cluemeister »

Congratulations, and welcome! Please keep us updated on your progress. I'm sure it will be rewarding building a plane with your son!