Upcoming EAA online Webinar on Rotax 915is Engine on May 20th

Everything from Changing oil, tires, to service bulletins and annual condition inspections to ensure we build and fly safely.
PhilipRueker
Site Admin

Upcoming EAA online Webinar on Rotax 915is Engine on May 20th

Post by PhilipRueker »

Hi,

I just got an email with the upcoming EAA Webinar schedule and there is a course that might be pretty relevant to us Sling Builders and Pilots:
Getting to Know the Rotax 915 iS Engine
Wed, May 20, 2020 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM CDT

Presenter: Jorge Tavio

Tune in to this FAA WINGS and AMT qualifying webinar and learn about the newest Rotax aircraft engine. Rotax Flying and Safety Club (RFSC) instructor Jorge Tavio will provide an overview of the Rotax 915 iS. Special focus is on the differences of this fuel-injected, turbocharged engine, compared to other popular Rotax 9-series engines. Special emphasis will be on proper installation, maintenance, and inspection. Qualifies for FAA WINGS and AMT credit.
You can register here:
http://pages.eaa.org/WBN2020-05-20Getti ... ation.html
Building a Sling TSi in my Garage.
Build Log | Timelapse Progress Videos
KJohnson

Re: Upcoming EAA online Webinar on Rotax 915is Engine on May 20th

Post by KJohnson »

Signed up! thanks.
PhilipRueker
Site Admin

Post by PhilipRueker »

Just bumping this up since this will be hosted tomorrow evening Wednesday, May 20, 2020 from 7 - 8:30 p.m. CDT. and is probably relevant to a lot of people here.
Building a Sling TSi in my Garage.
Build Log | Timelapse Progress Videos
WmInce

Post by WmInce »

PhilipRueker wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:02 am Just bumping this up since this will be hosted tomorrow evening Wednesday, May 20, 2020 from 7 - 8:30 p.m. CDT. and is probably relevant to a lot of people here.
Thanks, Phil.
I'm already signed up.
Bill Ince
Retired Heavy Equipment Operator
Clearwater, Florida
Cluemeister

Post by Cluemeister »

The webinar was very informative. Definitely learned a lot I did not know. The link to the webinar recording can be found here:

https://www.eaa.org/videos/615828197900 ... WWZaIn0%3D
WmInce

Post by WmInce »

Cluemeister wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:27 pm The webinar was very informative. Definitely learned a lot I did not know. The link to the webinar recording can be found here:
https://www.eaa.org/videos/615828197900 ... WWZaIn0%3D
On the contrary . . . I was not too impressed with the webinar. Very disjointed, too much time spent on Rotax history and excursions into the weeds.
I was hoping to learn how the engine operated, function of components . . . how they work together, and some traveling tips on how to take care of it. Little of that was covered. Lots of data on nuts and bolts though. IMHO, too much on the nuts and bolts.
Bill Ince
Retired Heavy Equipment Operator
Clearwater, Florida