Flight Data Recorder

Steam Gauges, Glass Cockpit, IFR Navigators, VOR Antennas,etc.
STGove

Flight Data Recorder

Post by STGove »

This is prelim info, not released yet, but I have been given permission by the company to give everyone here this advanced info.
I am NOT, nor am I associated with this company or product.

I'll have full details in a couple of weeks, when this becomes official.

There is a company working on a GA/Experimental Flight Data Recorder that keeps a loop of the past 50 hours worth of both Voice and Engine, Flight Data. Initially it will interface with the Garmin G3x system, but others as come on board, or they can get formats.

Voice & Data to retail for $525
Voice only (for those without RS232 EMS or Telemetry data feed) to retail for $435
Voice will work via a plug into your headphone jacks.

This includes EMS & Air data messages. Saved once per second for each.

Updates are firmware based which can be updated using a phone or tablet to the device.

In the event of some unplanned event:
The unit comes fully potted with FAA approved self-distinguishing, fire-retardant compound which protects it against vibration, shock and heat.

Interesting...
Respectfully,
Steve & Emily Gove
First time Sling TSi Builders - League City, Tx
N720S (Reserved)
YouTube = N720S
HAM W1WHO
Cell: 713.818.5800
eMail: SteveEmilyGove@gmail.com
Venit inferni, sive in excelsum aqua - TEXAS Strong!
STGove

Re: Flight Data Recorder

Post by STGove »

For those interested...

< 8 oz. 4" (L) x 3" (W) x 1.5" (H).

Can be mounted anywhere, at any orientation or angle, even upside down. Preferably behind the panel closer to the pilot side so it can be connected to the back of the pilot headphone jack (for those who use isolate), though any headphone jack will work if isolate is not normally being used. It records anything that is fed to the headset (which includes internal intercom talks and any outside communication received/transmitted).

It does not include a microphone (that does not work well with our noisy GA fleet) so it's different in that point from the airlines cockpit recorder which records voice even without the headset as their cockpit does not require the use of our GA type headsets.

Uses < 80mA @ 12V
Respectfully,
Steve & Emily Gove
First time Sling TSi Builders - League City, Tx
N720S (Reserved)
YouTube = N720S
HAM W1WHO
Cell: 713.818.5800
eMail: SteveEmilyGove@gmail.com
Venit inferni, sive in excelsum aqua - TEXAS Strong!