Panel CAD

Steam Gauges, Glass Cockpit, IFR Navigators, VOR Antennas,etc.
lutorm

Panel CAD

Post by lutorm »

Hey all,
Does anyone know of or have a CAD model of the panel shape? I've seen people doing CAD designs of how to lay out the avionics, but I dunno if people measured up their own panel or if there's a model floating around somewhere.

Thanks,

Patrik
Blog of various projects: https://blog.familjenjonsson.org/blog/
wiseguy59

Re: Panel CAD

Post by wiseguy59 »

Maybe contact Midwest Avionics and see if they have something that you could use.
I would think they would, because of the number of panels they do.
mviviers

Post by mviviers »

Also looking for a CAD on the Sling 2 Panel, let me know if you come right please.
gaking

Post by gaking »

I have a copy of the TSI blank .dxf file from Sling, but I still can’t attach files to posts here. If anyone can tell me how to do that I’ll share it, otherwise ask them directly.

I’m using Xpanel software to play with basic designs to see what might fit / work, there is a Sling template in the package. I wouldn’t use it for final design and cutting.
lutorm

Post by lutorm »

gaking wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:27 pm I have a copy of the TSI blank .dxf file from Sling, but I still can’t attach files to posts here. If anyone can tell me how to do that I’ll share it, otherwise ask them directly.
These forums usually don't allow you to attach files because then the storage needs for hosting would go way up. Can you share a link using Dropbox or Google Drive or some similar option?
Blog of various projects: https://blog.familjenjonsson.org/blog/
gaking

Post by gaking »

Send me a PM with your email address, will send you a copy. I don’t use the other cloud storage providers.
AVSTech

Post by AVSTech »

lutorm wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:29 pm Hey all,
Does anyone know of or have a CAD model of the panel shape? I've seen people doing CAD designs of how to lay out the avionics, but I dunno if people measured up their own panel or if there's a model floating around somewhere.

Thanks,

Patrik
Hi there!
Could you please share the CAD files of your panel. I would be very grateful. My mail: avsaeron@gmail.com

Thanks!