Mini Max Ariel Daylite

Red or white beacon, Landing Lights, Navigation Lights, etc.
AlabamaSlingPilot

Mini Max Ariel Daylite

Post by AlabamaSlingPilot »

The Mini Max Ariel Daylite seems to be the most popular Beacon to mount above the rudder. First question is are there other ones used (In the US)? I have ordered one from Kestrel Air, they seemed to have the best price I could find. Other questions are, did anyone find a better price some where else? What color? I ordered Red, because I am familiar with red beacons on the certified aircraft I am currently flying. Are you using the steady for any purpose? I can't thing of anything you would do with a beacon other than strobe. What lights do you plan to connect on the same circuit? Are you syncing it to the wingtip strobes? I was planning to connect the strobe to Master without a switch, since I cannot identify a use case for not having the beacon on with the master? What do folks think about that? I know, many questions, but a welcome an honest discussion.
geoff_g

Re: Mini Max Ariel Daylite

Post by geoff_g »

Use case for master without strobe ... programming or playing with the avionics suite with no intention to start the engine?
Geoff G

Sling 4 - VH-KMQ
Canberra, Australia
ibgarrett

Post by ibgarrett »

Timing was impeccable on this - I needed to order my beacon today. :)
Brian Garrett
gaking

Post by gaking »

I thought it would be worth sharing my experience with this light - well, more accurately the manufacturer. My TSi is in the very early build stage but I went ahead and bought Aeroled Pulsar NSP wingtip lights and a pair of Aveo Minimax Ariel Daylights, one red and one white. Overkill, but the thought was a white unit under the rear fuselage as a nav and strobe plus red on the tail as a traditional beacon (strobe only). Nothing else really fits on the tail.

Running the lights on my workbench, the Aeroleds and Aveos do synchronize strobes, although the Aveo pulses 3 times and the Aeroleds once. Looked promising.

Midwest is doing the harness for me, at their suggestion I contacted both manufacturers to check compatibility of the syncing. Aeroleds pointed out the different pulse patterns in their professional and succinct reply. Aveo - very different story. Bearing in mind that I very simply and politely asked about connecting disparate products together…. the owner replied and after having made one valid comment about possible voltage differences between manufacturers’ sync circuits then proceeded to vomit an essay on how I am an idiot for buying poor quality products from lying cheating Chinese-loving competitors and that I’m fixed in my opinions and a supporter of the Russians and how lucky we are that he is doing the GA community a favour by allocating 2% of production to products for us. Quite impressive to extract that from asking whether I can join two wires together. I may need to send him a tinfoil hat to thank him for his response. Whilst Aveo products seem to be of reasonable quality when eyeballing them, this nonsense response to a technical question is enough to make me toss them in the trash and go with other options and avoid any future association with that company.

Unfortunately I’m stuck with the red light since I’d already drilled the rudder tip to suit and there aren’t many other choices. An Aeroled Suntail has already arrived to replace the white Aveo unit…
ibgarrett

Post by ibgarrett »

You got all that from asking about wires?

Hmm - maybe you should go back and ask him for an honest unvarnished opinion. ;)
Brian Garrett
gaking

Post by gaking »

He’s probably writing me an illustrated novel just in case I ask :D :D