TAF LED Lighting kit

Red or white beacon, Landing Lights, Navigation Lights, etc.
Boeing Driver

TAF LED Lighting kit

Post by Boeing Driver »

I am wondering what is in the Sling Kit LED Lighting Package. I was quoted $2,295.00 in the pricing list. Should I opt for that since it is all in one kit? Does anyone have any information on this package?
ebrunye

Re: Wing Tip Nav/Strobes?

Post by ebrunye »

They actually told me NOT to purchase the electricals package, so I didn't. They were adamant that it is far less expensive to source the wiring and lighting yourself. The problem is, it introduces a learning curve to figure out which type and gauge wire to use for each component.The actual components that are in the kit are easy to source yourself, such as strobes, interior leds etc. For me it really is just the wires, but I'm sure with a few hours of research it's not too complicated and the savings will be worth it. Time will tell!

This question might be better as its own thread to get more views and better input
Boeing Driver

Re: Wing Tip Nav/Strobes?

Post by Boeing Driver »

Roger. I will look to you for future guidance in this field of operation. I am sure I will post something similar when it is time to order the kit. Unfortunately, building in Canada means less suppliers and alway paying duty on products bought in the US. I will have to see how much other builders spent on their lights and compare that with the TAF kit. Thanks bud for the information.
PhilipRueker
Site Admin

Re: TAF LED Lighting kit

Post by PhilipRueker »

I've split out the topic from the other thread.

As for your question - you can ask them what exact lighting components would be in their kit and then make a decision from there. AircraftSpruce does have a Canadian site for sourcing them yourself.

Do make sure you also read up that it satisfies the Canadian regulations (if they are any different from the US ones).
Building a Sling TSi in my Garage.
Build Log | Timelapse Progress Videos
Boeing Driver

Post by Boeing Driver »

Thanks for the suggestions. I will look to what is available from Aircraft Spruce in Ontario and also see what the Transport Canada Regulations say about it. I am in the process now of contacting the inspection agency to make sure I will do things in the proper order.
hpmicrowave

LED Lighting kit

Post by hpmicrowave »

Im getting ready for my 2nd order of high quality LED Wing/Tail Strobes/Nav lights from http://www.simplepack.com.br/eng/ (there based in Brazil).

A complete set runs around $420 + shipping, Contact "duanny.matos@hotmail.com" for USA purchase details, tell him Cecil recommended him. I think they supply lights to Sling Aircraft also. My first set of these lights are in my RV8.

Cecil
FtWalton Beach FL (18FD)
TSI kit under construction
RV8 Just Started Flying

Contact me at hpmicrowave@gmail.com for details
Cecil Jones
Building Sling TSi (Low Wing)
Built/Flying Vans RV8
FtWalton Beach FL/Baker FL 18FD
ckroeker

Post by ckroeker »

So I'm assuming the landing lights are also on the list for us to research and buy for the TSI. Looking at the wing assembly instructions, it looks like we're needing PAR 36 landing lights.

Does anyone know if the VP-X truly does the wigwag on its own, and we can therefore use simple landing lights (i.e. not integrated landing, taxi, and wigwag lights like this)? If true, would it be a terrible idea to buy one landing and one taxi light (like this), use the VP-X for wigwag and call it a day?
huzilulu

Post by huzilulu »

The landing and taxi lights are supplied by TAF as part of the wing kit
ckroeker

Post by ckroeker »

Thank you! Are the wiring harnesses for these lights supplied as well?
ckroeker

Post by ckroeker »

ckroeker wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:13 am Thank you! Are the wiring harnesses for these lights supplied as well?
Never mind - per TAF: "Basic wiring for lights and heated pitot come with the wing kit and empennage kits."