EAA Airventure Oshkosh 2022

Did you complete your first flight? Want to organize a meet-up of pilots or share your latest trip, come here.
11B_Johnny

EAA Airventure Oshkosh 2022

Post by 11B_Johnny »

Is anyone else excited about this year?

I am looking forward to following along as the High Wings start their journey to OSH. I am even more excited about seeing them in person as I eagerly await a kit!

I am planning to fly in Wednesday mid-day and wander around for most of the day.

If you are planning to attend, don't forget about the Sling Ding Thursday evening. (I wouldn't have known had someone not mentioned it to me in passing.)
wiseguy59

Re: EAA Airventure Oshkosh 2022

Post by wiseguy59 »

We went and met everyone as they taxied off of the runway.
I spoke to Linda last year and asked her if she was going to fly it back to the U.S. and she said that she didn't have the time to do it.
Well, putting it on a ship to get to the U.S. would have put its arrival date when AirVenture 2022 was just a memory.
Air freight was available, but the price was out of the question, plus, Linda didn't want to take the wings off too many times as they are a friction fir in the spar.
So, what else to do but fly it from South Africa to Oshkosh.
Talk about a trip of a lifetime!
She commented how difficult it was to fly in formation across the ocean.
I told her not to feel bad, because it's not like she does it in her daily job. :D

The aircraft look great, the Sling Ding was fantastic, and I can't wait until next year.