6 seater ?? with dual engines ?

General purpose discussions.
scout

6 seater ?? with dual engines ?

Post by scout »

Sling says in a few months they will start working on something new...

A 6 seater would be nice, but because of the low amount of horsepower the 915 has... it might have to be a dual engine... which would also be nice.

6 seater, dual engines,,, maybe retracable gear !!! wow !! that would be awesome.
okent

Re: 6 seater ?? with dual engines ?

Post by okent »

I would sell my eye teeth for a twin engine rotax that held 4 people and bags.(900lb with 3 hours of fuel plus IFR reserves)
I've looked at the Tecnam P2006T but it's still got the 912S3 with a carburetor.
If I could get one with the turbo 915 that's what I would fly.

Sling, please make a twin 915/916 with those specs and 150+ knots and a parachute. You would have a loyal following.
My dream airplane would look like a Cessna 337 but I know that is a pie in the sky thought.

Softex Aero has the closest thing that I've found but it's still got the 912, BUT it has a parachute which I would want.
scout

Post by scout »

Agreed. a twin rotax 915 with 1200lbs useful ( need more useful cause it will require more fuel ) with 160k plus would be amazing. And if it had a chute it would truly be a first in its class. I'd buy it as fast as possible.

The P2006t is interesting. but agreed, it needs the 915 and more useful.
escalantea

Post by escalantea »

Should be able to fly with only one engine (emergencies, etc.)
Will a single 915iS do this?
A
okent

Post by okent »

I't's doable for sure, just look at the climb rate of the P2006t

I've been thinking about picking up a P2006T with timed out engines and then going through the process of an STC to put in 915's. I figure the cost would be the plane plus 150k. When you add up the cost of building a high wing TSI or an RV10 it's the same money and would end up with a fuel injected turbo twin high wing that starts like a car and burns 15 gallons per hour. You could cruise right up to the max cruise of 155kts.
scout

Post by scout »

okent wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:15 pm I't's doable for sure, just look at the climb rate of the P2006t

I've been thinking about picking up a P2006T with timed out engines and then going through the process of an STC to put in 915's. I figure the cost would be the plane plus 150k. When you add up the cost of building a high wing TSI or an RV10 it's the same money and would end up with a fuel injected turbo twin high wing that starts like a car and burns 15 gallons per hour. You could cruise right up to the max cruise of 155kts.
That would be totally bad ass. The p2006t is pretty slow. I don't think two engines would help out with that. but still cool.
scout

Post by scout »

escalantea wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:19 am Should be able to fly with only one engine (emergencies, etc.)
Will a single 915iS do this?
A

It would depend on the rest of the aircraft structure. A second engine doesn't add much in the way of speed or load, if in the event of a failure it still wants to be a capable single engine plane. Maybe the dual engine could be 15 knots faster and an extra 150 lbs over the single TSI. But I wouldn't expect any more than that would be possible. But that would still be an impressive airplane. I'd still buy one.