Bush Tires

General purpose discussions.
StingerEquip

Bush Tires

Post by StingerEquip »

This post doesn't really fit in any of the categories so maybe we add a category and move this post.

Anyone wanting to put "Bush Tires" on a Sling for landing in remote locations. I'm planing on starting a TSI in the spring, but I would really like to have a set of Bush Tires to put on the plane for taking a trip out west or to Alaska. 95% of the time I wouldn't want them, but for a trip into the back country it would be awesome!

Take the wheel pants off and put on over sized tires.

Thoughts?
ebrunye

Re: Bush Tires

Post by ebrunye »

TAF is releasing a high wing version of the TSi soon, and I think the bush tires would be a better option for this version. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they design the plane with that option in mind!
Boeing Driver

Post by Boeing Driver »

I agree with Evan about waiting for the high wing. In my days as a bush pilot, I would get a lot of mud under the wing of the C206 with tundra tires. Also, I am not sure if the plane would be good for off roading. Rocks would always fly off the tires into the prop and this might be something to consider. Our props never made it to overhaul.
StingerEquip

Post by StingerEquip »

All very good points and i agree. Much better for a high wing.

Maybe add jumbo wheel pants....Would be easy to make them too.
msejourne

Post by msejourne »

All comments above plus the High Wing will have a tailwheel option, thus more prop clearance.