Suggestions & Improvements

General purpose discussions.
PhilipRueker
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions & Improvements

Post by PhilipRueker »

Lon wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:29 am Phil, Will your forum software allow you to add a link for “New Posts”? I look at your forum frequently, and read whatever is new. But it would be easier if I could pull up just the new posts, regardless of topic.
Hey,
Yes you can do that already actually - at the top left there's a "Quick links" section and you can select "New Posts" and it will give you a list of all new posts.
Building a Sling TSi in my Garage.
Build Log | Timelapse Progress Videos
WmInce

Post by WmInce »

PhilipRueker wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 8:40 pm
Yes you can do that already actually - at the top left there's a "Quick links" section and you can select "New Posts" and it will give you a list of all new posts.
Bingo!
Bill Ince
Retired Heavy Equipment Operator
Clearwater, Florida
Lon

Post by Lon »

PhilipRueker wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 8:40 pm
Lon wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:29 am Phil, Will your forum software allow you to add a link for “New Posts”? I look at your forum frequently, and read whatever is new. But it would be easier if I could pull up just the new posts, regardless of topic.
Hey,
Excellent. I didn’t see that at first, because it’s necessary to be logged in for the “New Posts” option to appear. (Reading on an iPad.) Now that I’m logged in, it’s there.
escalantea

Post by escalantea »

On a similar topic, how can I get alerts (emails) when a new post is added?
In the VANSAirforce site I get alerted everyday for new activity on the RV-12iS, would like something similar in this forum.

Can it be done/ How?

Thanks!
A
PhilipRueker
Site Admin

Post by PhilipRueker »

escalantea wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:13 pm On a similar topic, how can I get alerts (emails) when a new post is added?
In the VANSAirforce site I get alerted everyday for new activity on the RV-12iS, would like something similar in this forum.

Can it be done/ How?

Thanks!
A
You can subscribe to a forum to be notified about new posts if you scroll to the bottom and click "subscribe forum", so if you want to be notified about TSi posts, you'd go to the TSi board, scroll down and click on subscribe forum.
escalantea

Post by escalantea »

Thanks Philip!
A
hpmicrowave

Post by hpmicrowave »

Great input. Yes Ive asked for the same Button function.
Cecil Jones
Building Sling TSi (Low Wing)
Built/Flying Vans RV8
FtWalton Beach FL/Baker FL 18FD
escalantea

Post by escalantea »

Philip, I'm still not getting any notifications. My email is correct in my profile and I have seen a few new posts in boards I have subscribed...?
A
PhilipRueker
Site Admin

Post by PhilipRueker »

escalantea wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:28 am Philip, I'm still not getting any notifications. My email is correct in my profile and I have seen a few new posts in boards I have subscribed...?
A
Make sure you set your notification settings appropriately to receive email, the defaults for the most part are that you'll see a Notification highlight under Notification at the top right the next time you visit the forum to keep things performant, but you can activate the setting to also get emails for replies to forums you are subscribed to in there:
ucp.php?i=ucp_notifications&mode=notification_options
hpmicrowave

Post by hpmicrowave »

Thanks but no thanks. I don’t need more emails. I want to simply go to the forum when I can, and then select a link (button). And see the new forum posts I haven’t seen.

Cecil
Cecil Jones
Building Sling TSi (Low Wing)
Built/Flying Vans RV8
FtWalton Beach FL/Baker FL 18FD