Suggestions & Improvements

General purpose discussions.
PhilipRueker
Site Admin

Suggestions & Improvements

Post by PhilipRueker »

Hey All,

Since this is just starting out, please come forward with any suggestions and improvements that could be made to the webpage and the forum to make this a vibrant community going forward.

Cheers,
Philip
Building a Sling TSi in my Garage.
Build Log | Timelapse Progress Videos
mikeblackburn

Re: Suggestions & Improvements

Post by mikeblackburn »

Hey Philip.
Love this idea... Can I suggest a photos subforum?

Hope there is massive adoption!
Mike
Mike Blackburn

Sling 4 Owner
S/N 009 ZU-IBM 'Miss Daisy'
Johannesburg, South Africa
PhilipRueker
Site Admin

Post by PhilipRueker »

mikeblackburn wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:18 pm Hey Philip.
Love this idea... Can I suggest a photos subforum?

Hope there is massive adoption!
Mike
Great idea, I've added a sub-forum for Photos & Videos.
ebrunye

Post by ebrunye »

I'm not sure if this is easy to do or not, I'm not a web guy at all. Is it possible to have the links on this site that users post automatically open a new tab instead of using the same tab? I try to right click and open new tab but if I forget I always end up closing the tab and have to go back to the forum. It's useful to keep the thread open to read while referencing what people link.

Maybe I'm just not very good with computers though and other people don't have this issue which is totally possible!
PhilipRueker
Site Admin

Post by PhilipRueker »

ebrunye wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:06 pm I'm not sure if this is easy to do or not, I'm not a web guy at all. Is it possible to have the links on this site that users post automatically open a new tab instead of using the same tab? I try to right click and open new tab but if I forget I always end up closing the tab and have to go back to the forum. It's useful to keep the thread open to read while referencing what people link.

Maybe I'm just not very good with computers though and other people don't have this issue which is totally possible!
Done.
Boeing Driver

Post by Boeing Driver »

I was part of a forum years ago very similar to this and we had a Humour Section. Some days, we just need a little laugh. For example, I saw this today and it made me think of my youth. Red Green is a staple for most Canadians....Duct Tape can fix anything... ;) . This is his thoughts on building your own plane. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ebrunye

Post by ebrunye »

PhilipRueker wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:50 pm Done.
Heck ya, thanks!
Boeing Driver

Post by Boeing Driver »

I have a suggestion about maybe having a forum about "Regulations and Procedures" and subsections for different countries. For example, I would really like to get hands on knowledge on how things are done in Canada. I have been using many hours combing through the regulations and the different procedures. Unfortunately, things are done differently here, especially when it comes to build inspections. Just a thought, thanks.
PhilipRueker
Site Admin

Post by PhilipRueker »

Boeing Driver wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:41 pm I have a suggestion about maybe having a forum about "Regulations and Procedures" and subsections for different countries. For example, I would really like to get hands on knowledge on how things are done in Canada. I have been using many hours combing through the regulations and the different procedures. Unfortunately, things are done differently here, especially when it comes to build inspections. Just a thought, thanks.
Done - Regulations, Procedures & Certifications.
Lon

Post by Lon »

Phil, Will your forum software allow you to add a link for “New Posts”? I look at your forum frequently, and read whatever is new. But it would be easier if I could pull up just the new posts, regardless of topic.