Share your progress Sundays [12/29/2019]

General purpose discussions.
PhilipRueker
Site Admin

Share your progress Sundays [12/29/2019]

Post by PhilipRueker »

Hey all,

I figured it would be nice to have a regular weekly check-in of peoples progress and do a regular "Share your Progress" every week going forward of what you've achieved recently.

Whether that is:
  • Build progress if you're currently building a Sling
  • Flight testing progress if you've recently finished your build and are now doing the flight testing as part of the build certification
  • Flying progress, such as having flown a total of 50/100/1000/etc. hours
  • Decision progress in whether you want to build an Airplane
  • Flight Training progress, such as first solo, achieving your Private Pilot License or Instrument Rating, etc.
  • or some other related progress that you feel worth sharing, is up to you
Building a Sling TSi in my Garage.
Build Log | Timelapse Progress Videos
PhilipRueker
Site Admin

Re: Share your progress Sundays [12/29/2019]

Post by PhilipRueker »

As for my own progress, im working on finishing up the Pitot tube installation, but I need a different connection piece from the AN fitting to the Nylon tube as it appears the Factory doesn't use standard 1/4in OD, 11/64 ID Nylon tubing, but a larger 19/64in OD, 3/16ID tubing.
I'll see if I can reach Jean tomorrow to ask what they do from the Quickbuilds, but I already looked around and found a barbed connector that would fit.

Aside from that, I also finally took the time and did a full walk through of my workshop for people to see how you can build the plane in a normal 2 car garage (as long as you have some extra storage somewhere):
ppierce

Post by ppierce »

Thank you for all the videos. Some may find it boring but I would love to be able to watch your videos in full length. Sometimes the videos are so fast I can't really see what's happening. I know it's really hard to do but there is a guy building a Vans rv10 who does some amazing video work. His name is Jason Ellis. I'm not asking you to do it but I would love to see something like his videos for the sling. But I love your website I check daily for updates
PhilipRueker
Site Admin

Post by PhilipRueker »

ppierce wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:33 am Thank you for all the videos. Some may find it boring but I would love to be able to watch your videos in full length. Sometimes the videos are so fast I can't really see what's happening. I know it's really hard to do but there is a guy building a Vans rv10 who does some amazing video work. His name is Jason Ellis. I'm not asking you to do it but I would love to see something like his videos for the sling. But I love your website I check daily for updates
Thanks for the feedback. Yes I know about Jason Ellis and watch his videos frequently.

I was actually thinking about slowing down the timelapse videos going forward so that the details are easier to see.
And I'll try to add more full length videos in between when I'm doing some in-depth things to find a happy balance between time building and the time it takes to make the videos.
So I'll experiment with the format of the videos a bit and of course for full details, I write up the things on my blog.