Beringer brakes

Share your best Photos & Videos of Slings in action (whether it's in flight, on the ground, or in the build).
Cluemeister

Beringer brakes

Post by Cluemeister »

Had Matco brakes on my last plane, and wasn't terribly thrilled with them. Upgraded to Beringer, and what an improvement. So when I upgraded to the Tsi, I wanted Beringer again. Henry at Midwest Sky Sports said "sure!", so I placed my order. Here are the Beringers as they are being installed.

Tubeless tires, and solid braking power.

PhilipRueker
Site Admin

Re: Beringer brakes

Post by PhilipRueker »

That looks very nice.

I haven't installed the undercarriage yet on mine.
Were the stainless steel brake lines also part of the change, or are those standard?
Building a Sling TSi in my Garage.
Build Log | Timelapse Progress Videos
ebrunye

Post by ebrunye »

That's probably the coolest nonstandard option I've seen on a TSi!! Nicely done!

Also, it's one of the only nonstandard options I've seen on a TSi, so way to be a trailblazer 8-)

Editing to answer Philip's question, the steel braided lines are nonstandard as well. Standard lines for Sling are plastic tubing
gordsh

Post by gordsh »

Hmmm, I like the custom Beringer brakes (and wheels?) on your TSi. Do you know what the part numbers are in case I wanted to do the same here with my Canada build?
Sling TSi - Ontario, Canada
Cluemeister

Post by Cluemeister »

I'm not sure they have a part number :)

If you contact Beringer Aero in South Carolina, I believe they can tell you what parts are involved. I believe it's around $5-6k US for the brakes.
gordsh

Post by gordsh »

Roger that, thanks Cluemeister
gordsh

Post by gordsh »

For anyone interested in the Beringer brakes for the TSi I did contact Beringer-Aero-USA and got the part numbers, etc. PM me and I can send to you if you like.
gordsh

Re: Beringer Complete for Sling TSi

Post by gordsh »

I am very pleased to let you all know I have the first complete Beringer Wheel/Brake set for the Sling TSi from Beringer Aero.

I was able to work with Simone Jansen at Sling South Africa Factory (Technical) and Billy from Beringer Aero to get the Beringer Hand brake assembly designed and manufactured by Beringer Aero.

Simone was super awesome as she provided me with all the technical specifications that Beringer Aero France needed to design and produce the part. Billy was a man of his word and got all the parts manufactured and delivered on time.

As such we can now use the complete Beringer wheels, master cylinder, anti-lock braking module, hubs, discs, and rotors. I received the first production unit yesterday and am so excited.

My advice is if you are all interested in this go direct to Billy @ Beringer Aero. I tried to go through Henry at Midwest Sky Sports and after almost 1 month of calling and emailing Henry, I got nowhere and gave up and went to Beringer directly.

By the way, Beringer no longer supplies/sells tires so you will have to get those elsewhere.

You can see some pictures here on my IG page:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVTug7bvXIr/

The build continues!!!! :P
Cluemeister

Post by Cluemeister »

Thanks for the update. I'm glad you have a complete Beringer braking kit from the hand brake to the wheels.

Anyone still early in the process, I highly recommend Beringer over the stock Matco's!
ibgarrett

Post by ibgarrett »

I'm hoping to finish up all the control surfaces before the end of the year on my Tsi and definitely have been watching the brake updates. Dropping Billy an email re: the kit to get a quote and see what the lead times are. I love the stainless steel lines over the plastic tubes. Seems to me that's a better/more sturdy option to go with.
Brian Garrett