Rivet part numbers or specs

A place to ask general building questions and share your tips & tricks to make the next person's Sling building experience easier.
Thr33Swords

Rivet part numbers or specs

Post by Thr33Swords »

Hi all,

I live in New Zealand and have started building a Sling TSi, making good process on the empennage at the moment.

Since we don't have a Sling factory here, if I wanted to order replacement rivets, I have to get them from South Africa, which will cost a lot in shipping while also delaying things as I wait for stuff to be shipped. For example, one of the stainless steel rivets used in the elevator didn't sit flush enough for my liking, so I removed it. But now I need to find a replacement rivet. It would be very inconvenient to have a single rivet sent to me from SA, so I am looking for a more local option.

So, does anyone know the part numbers or specifications for the rivets used by Sling? I know from another post that Sling uses Gesipa rivets, but if I can source something locally and approved for use in aviation with the same strength etc as the ones that come from the factory, then that would be fantastic.

Thanks!
ibgarrett

Re: Rivet part numbers or specs

Post by ibgarrett »

Adding on #slingsupport
Brian Garrett
Sling Technical Official
Sling Aircraft Official

Post by Sling Technical Official »

Dear Brian,

We have 4 main suppliers for rivets, please see the table below for supplier details for the various rivets:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ksjf4crq4nec ... r.jpg?dl=0

Note: If you cannot see the image in this post, right click on the image icon and select "Open image in new tab".

Please do not hesitate to contact us with the following email address should you require further assistance:
technical@slingaircraft.com

Kind regards,
Sling Technical Team
Thr33Swords

Post by Thr33Swords »

Massively late reply, but thank you!