UK - DRDT-2

A place to ask general building questions and share your tips & tricks to make the next person's Sling building experience easier.
Craig_Macbeth

UK - DRDT-2

Post by Craig_Macbeth »

Hi,

I'm just about to order my Sling TSi kits and gathering all the info on tools etc. I'm struggling to find a DRDT-2 in the UK, can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Happy to buy 2nd hand, i'm up in the North of Scotland and won't be building till around June/July.
STGove

Re: UK - DRDT-2

Post by STGove »

Congrats on your future build!

We have ordered the empennage ourselves, not due in until March/April.

We did buy our DRDT-2 used, via FaceBook MarketPlace. Probably just got lucky, but a guy had finished repairs on his plane (Not a Sling or RV).

Were in Houston, he was in Dallas, 4 hrs away, so wife drove up to visit friends, picked it up at the same time.

I know this doesn't help you directly, but continue to scan Facebook marketplace, OfferUp, here and other similar sites. Check the Vans Air Force Site too. Eventually one will pop up available and you'll be able to grab it!

Best to you!
Respectfully,
Steve & Emily Gove
First time Sling TSi Builders - League City, Tx
N720S (Reserved)
YouTube = N720S
HAM W1WHO
Cell: 713.818.5800
eMail: SteveEmilyGove@gmail.com
Venit inferni, sive in excelsum aqua - TEXAS Strong!
gaking

Re: UK - DRDT-2

Post by gaking »

I bought the front end kit and had the frame made up locally so perhaps consider that. Plans on their website and I used the closest metric measurement steel tube - the frame doesn’t have to be identical provided it’s built square and the throw distance for the press is similar. Some bolts are SAE as supplied, so you may need to get metric ones if the frame is tapped for metric by the local guys, but that’s easy to solve.