Known building "Gotchas" for the Sling TSi

Model Specific Discussions about the Sling TSi.
PatrickC

Re: Known building "Gotchas" for the Sling TSi

Post by PatrickC »

Another note on the vertical stabilizer riv-nuts: In addition to the issue already reported with the bottom two riv-nuts not allowing the doubler angle to sit flush against the rear spar, the clearance holes in the rear spar and the doubler angles for all the remaining riv-nuts were not large enough for an M4 screw.

I stepped up the hole size gradually while checking with a screw borrowed from the wing kit. I ended up with 3/16" holes to provide enough clearance for the screw to thread in cleanly. I did confirm with the factory that this is correct. Hopefully this has been obvious for everyone, but it did require another step that was not detailed in the instructions.
ncs

Re: Known building "Gotchas" for the Sling TSi

Post by ncs »

I'm not sure if this counts as as a "gotcha" or just a reminder to pay attention, but two of the nose ribs for the horizontal stabilizer that I got with my empennage kit had holes that were punched too large. It was pretty clear they were off in comparison with other pieces, but I'm not sure I would have noticed immediately without that comparison.

The factory is sending me new ones so it's not a big deal, but I would have been sad if I had spent any time cleaning them up before noticing.