New TSi Seats

Model Specific Discussions about the Sling TSi.
permagray

Re: New TSi Seats

Post by permagray »

All the time you spent as a youth with Lego kits will be rewarded with the seat mechanism. Pay special attention the "Gotchas" above on figuring out when you can safely rivet. Also, read carefully about countersinking the seat base rivets. Cleco until you are absolutely sure you can rivet stuff on the seat slide mechanism.
permagray

Post by permagray »

I have the bench back seat. The seat base has what appear to be Dzus fastener holes in the outside margins of the seat base (with a reinforcement plate) Though the plates were supplied, they are not in the parts list or instructions, though I figured out where they go. The current instructions do not even have the holes on the diagram. I am wondering whether they are still used, and if not, what holds down the base of the back seat once installed?

#slingsupport
PhilipRueker
Site Admin

Post by PhilipRueker »

permagray wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:51 pm I have the bench back seat. The seat base has what appear to be Dzus fastener holes in the outside margins of the seat base (with a reinforcement plate) Though the plates were supplied, they are not in the parts list or instructions, though I figured out where they go. The current instructions do not even have the holes on the diagram. I am wondering whether they are still used, and if not, what holds down the base of the back seat once installed?

#slingsupport
You mean this bracket here?
It's in the latest version of the Fuselage instructions I have (dated Jan 2021).
Building a Sling TSi in my Garage.
Build Log | Timelapse Progress Videos
permagray

Post by permagray »

No, look at the two holes in the seat base itself. Inside, there are reinforcement plates for these holes. https://photos.app.goo.gl/61REa3MMXnpWLSGv7
#slingsupport
PhilipRueker
Site Admin

Post by PhilipRueker »

permagray wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:39 pm No, look at the two holes in the seat base itself. Inside, there are reinforcement plates for these holes. Imagehttps://photos.app.goo.gl/61REa3MMXnpWLSGv7
Ah yes, I also have that version with the reinforcement plate and the hole, recently finished - https://slingtsi.rueker.com/2021/03/02/ ... rear-seat/
I do have a very early old version of the Fuselage instructions, which does have the plate and that hole.

But like you said, I'm not sure if there's a place that actually links up with the hole, it looks like in the new version, the bench is basically just held by the 3 fasteners on the back of the bench.
Building a Sling TSi in my Garage.
Build Log | Timelapse Progress Videos
huzilulu

Post by huzilulu »

Im not really sure how the druz fasteners are supposed to be installed on the back 3 holes - both on the seat and on the RF (where the spring goes)... can anyone post pics of how it looks? Im a visual kinda guy :)
Sling Technical Official
Sling Aircraft Official

Post by Sling Technical Official »

Hi guys

My apologies for the delayed response.

The rear seat base attaches to the rear fuselage close to the hinge point with 3 Dzus fasteners only. The Dzus spring gets rivetted to the rear fuselage and the Dzus cam screw gets installed in the rear seat base as shown in the manual.

The two holes in the sides of the seat base towards the front have never been used and we recently removed them.

Thank you for the heads up you gave the guys regarding the countersinking of the holes for the front seats and the incorrect rivet instructions.
These corrections will appear in the revised manual soon.
Edward_H

Post by Edward_H »

With the Dzus connectors, how do they go into the seat back? The collar is too big for the hole by just a little bit. Do I drill out the hole for collar? Some magic combination of heating the hole and chilling the collar? A rubber mallet and some elbow grease? How does the collar stay in when the Dzus connector isn’t attached to the fuselage? Thanks!
----
Edward - N751EH
Edwardhefter@gmail.com - personal stuff
Edward@AirplaneFactory.com - Official Airplane Factory stuff