Inspection Covers

Model Specific Discussions about the Sling TSi.
permagray

Inspection Covers

Post by permagray »

Question for Sling Support: Are there more instructions as to how to assemble the inspection Covers? Types of rivets; Dimpling. My Quickbuild came with one cover dimpled but two holes were left undimpled. Was that to provide some method of gripping and turning the covers?
#slingsupport
Sling Technical Official
Sling Aircraft Official

Re: Inspection Covers

Post by Sling Technical Official »

Good day

We do not have detailed instructions for assembling the inspection hatches in the manuals yet. This will be available in the updated TSI manuals that we are releasing soon.

The inspection hatch for the elevator is the same as the ones used for the wing.
The wing hatches require dimpling and countersunk rivets and the elevator ones does not.

Here is a screenshot:

Custom Aircraft Builders

Post by Custom Aircraft Builders »

#SlingSupport
Would it be possible to purchase Sling inspection panel kits in the future? I am thinking I may need more access on the underside of my TSi wing and I would like the panel to match the others on the plane. Also, do the inspection panels have the same structural integrity as the stressed skin when installed? I am thinking they probably don't but would like to get your opinion.
Thank you.
Doug Goodrich
Custom Aircraft Builders, Sling Dealer/Build Center
607-821-2982, Doug@GoodrichAviation.com
Binghamton, New York (KBGM)
Sling Technical Official
Sling Aircraft Official

Post by Sling Technical Official »

Yes you can purchase additional inspection panel kits. It does not have the same structural integrity as the wing skin. You can send a mail to our technical team (technical@slingaircraft.com) for acceptable inspection hatch placement.