Rudder Pedal Control Stops

Model Specific Discussions about the Sling TSi.
gholford

Rudder Pedal Control Stops

Post by gholford »

Thought I would share a recent problem I came across. In putting together the control stops on the rudder pedals, I could not work out how each stop moved past the opposite rudder's extension arm. Any configuration resulted in catching the opposite arm, and not the opposite stop as it should do. I wrote off to Technical and it seems they have changed the supplied stops and the stops now need trimming to work properly.

The note from Technical reads ... You will notice that the pedal assemblies have got some free play sideways. You should push them as close as possible together and then trim off material on both stops so that you have a 3mm clearance between the stops and opposite moving parts.

When you pull the pedals apart again then there should still be a minimum of 10mm overlap when the stops catch each other.

We have extended these stops intentionally to accommodate the variation in the pedal assemblies.
permagray

Re: Rudder Pedal Control Stops

Post by permagray »

I ended up putting the stops in a vise and bending the ears back a bit on both stops. They now clear the center supports and yet still grab the other stop. Not the best design perhaps, as the possibility of interference should the pedal assemblies move laterally in their bearing surfaces would be a danger in a flight situation.