Sling TSi baggage area

Model Specific Discussions about the Sling TSi.
McCreary637

Sling TSi baggage area

Post by McCreary637 »

Hello,
I’m considering a Sling TSi (or High Wing) and was wondering what the useful baggage is like if the parachute is installed. I recently saw a MojoGrip video and it seems that there isn’t much room. Can you fit a couple of carryons in the baggage compartment if a parachute is involved?
Thanks
Cluemeister

Re: Sling TSi baggage area

Post by Cluemeister »

The baggage door opening is fairly small. Certainly a duffel bag or backpack will fit in it, not sure about an airline type carryon. You can figure the parachute takes up about half of the width of the baggage area.

You can fold down the back seat for more room, or put your bags in the back seat.
ibgarrett

Post by ibgarrett »

I was definitely planning on installing parachute in my low wing Tsi. While out in Torrence we flew out to Catalina for lunch and we were parked next to a Cherokee 140... While were parked next to the 140 it was easy to see how much room the parachute was consuming over not. Yes different airplanes entirely, but they were similar in size. I opted for going with the build with the cabling pre-wired so if I change my mind down the road I can add the parachute in.
Brian Garrett
Cluemeister

Post by Cluemeister »

Here's a shot of my baggage area before the seats were installed.

Cluemeister

Post by Cluemeister »

And a shot after the rear seat is installed.

Custom Aircraft Builders

Post by Custom Aircraft Builders »

Looks great! Thanks for sharing. :D
Doug Goodrich
Custom Aircraft Builders, Sling Dealer/Build Center
607-821-2982, Doug@GoodrichAviation.com
Binghamton, New York (KBGM)
ckroeker

Post by ckroeker »

Cluemeister wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:30 am Here's a shot of my baggage area before the seats were installed.

So if you had to put in an oxygen bottle, is there a preferred spot to put it space and/or weight-wise?
PhilipRueker
Site Admin

Post by PhilipRueker »

ckroeker wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:12 pm So if you had to put in an oxygen bottle, is there a preferred spot to put it space and/or weight-wise?
The weight limit for the baggage space is limited to keep the airplane within CG limits, so for weight purposes if you plan to use the plane as a 4 place, then between the two back passengers in the leg room is probably the most practical ideal place.
Plus that gives the pilot access to the bottle to be able to monitor it.
Building a Sling TSi in my Garage.
Build Log | Timelapse Progress Videos
ckroeker

Post by ckroeker »

I’m planning on using a remote pressure monitoring system on the bottle and two mountain high O2D2 units in the armrest, so I’m not too concerned about being able to access it in-flight. Permanently mounting a relatively large oxygen cylinder in between the rear passengers might be a bit awkward too.

I guess I’m wondering more if the parachute weight is best offset a bit with a tank on the other side, but if that doesn’t matter as much, is there room for a bottle on the parachute side since that side doesn’t have the same utility (cramped space already).