Price Increase

Model Specific Discussions about the Sling TSi.
ncs

Price Increase

Post by ncs »

In case anyone has missed it, it looks like TAF USA TSI prices are going up next week:
We hope you are staying safe! Some of you have started the airplane build project you've always dreamed of during this time. Well done to you!

The Sling TSi continues to be a best-seller for TAF Sling. We have seen year-over-year sales more than double thanks to the Sling TSi. It is truly the next-generation in personal aviation and the perfect blend of speed, comfort and economy.

And, although we like to keep our prices as low as possible, we do have a price increase that comes into effect on Feb 15 2021. Order now (with deposit) to lock in current prices and save. If you've been waiting to pull the trigger, now is the time!
KEIK_flyer

Re: Price Increase

Post by KEIK_flyer »

Yeah I saw that. It doesn't diminish my intentions though.

Call me old fashioned but I want to physically see one before ordering. I know its gorgeous and sleek and a good design and all the rest but with an 8 month wait for kits, it'll be healthy to have gotten to see it, touch it, smell it. :geek: Alas my first availability to visit Torrance is St Patricks Day weekend. Looks like it'll be a Sling-tastic week with the EAA webinar on Sling on Wednesday of that week.
ibgarrett

Post by ibgarrett »

KEIK_flyer wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:16 am Yeah I saw that. It doesn't diminish my intentions though.

Call me old fashioned but I want to physically see one before ordering. I know its gorgeous and sleek and a good design and all the rest but with an 8 month wait for kits, it'll be healthy to have gotten to see it, touch it, smell it. :geek: Alas my first availability to visit Torrance is St Patricks Day weekend. Looks like it'll be a Sling-tastic week with the EAA webinar on Sling on Wednesday of that week.
There's one coming online here in Colorado and will be housed at KCFO (formerly KFTG) in the next week or so. I'll send him over here to see if he wants to chime in... Super nice guy.
Brian Garrett
Stingy Pilot

Post by Stingy Pilot »

ncs wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:15 pm In case anyone has missed it, it looks like TAF USA TSI prices are going up next week:
ncs, you just saved me $1,000 on the wing kit! Someone with my profile name can only give you eternal gratitude in return, I trust this suffices. :)

My intentions were diminished for a moment, not because of the price increase, but the lack of communication (apparently my email was not included in the newsletter mailing list) and the urgency of the matter (price increase was announced just a few days ago with deposits need to be in by tomorrow). I am excited about the plane's capabilities and proud to support a team that deserves recognition, but I also have a minimum, and hopefully reasonable, level of expectations in regards to professionalism. Even the Torrance team admitted to be blind-sided by the Factory's decisions and lack of inflexibility.

Enough with my complaining. I guess I now need to formally introduce myself in the Introductions section :)
Saving pennies while spending thousands
ncs

Post by ncs »

Stingy Pilot wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:28 pm
ncs, you just saved me $1,000 on the wing kit! Someone with my profile name can only give you eternal gratitude in return, I trust this suffices. :)

My intentions were diminished for a moment, not because of the price increase, but the lack of communication (apparently my email was not included in the newsletter mailing list) and the urgency of the matter (price increase was announced just a few days ago with deposits need to be in by tomorrow). I am excited about the plane's capabilities and proud to support a team that deserves recognition, but I also have a minimum, and hopefully reasonable, level of expectations in regards to professionalism. Even the Torrance team admitted to be blind-sided by the Factory's decisions and lack of inflexibility.

Enough with my complaining. I guess I now need to formally introduce myself in the Introductions section :)
I'm glad it helped, that is exactly why I made the post.

I looked back, and the time frame is only a little less than for the price increase last July (July 7th email for a July 14th increase). I also would like more of a warning, but given this is the second increase in about 7 months hopefully it takes awhile for the next one.