Baggage Door on Quickbuild

Model Specific Discussions about the Sling TSi.
permagray

Baggage Door on Quickbuild

Post by permagray »

Hi -

On my quickbuild kit, the baggage door was already installed. Unfortunately, they did not pre-bend the door before they installed it. I have tried a number of options thus far to bend it on the plane, but have been unsuccessful in putting any kind of bend into it. Of course, I don't want to kink it, but I have put a considerable amount of force on it with something wedged in on the fuselage side, but it comes back to straight when I remove the pressure. I have tried to heat the bend point with a heat gun, and still no bend. Any thoughts, beyond drilling out the rivets in the hinge and removing it?
#slingsupport
MTJ

Re: Baggage Door on Quickbuild

Post by MTJ »

My door had little to no bend as well. The IA next door had me use 2 wood pieces on each side of the door (the width of the door) and slowly add pressure a little at a time. The reference was the fuselage rivet line. Not perfect but it fits a lot better.... no drilling required. :D
Sling Technical Official
Sling Aircraft Official

Post by Sling Technical Official »

Hi,

We have prepared instructions, with pictures, to bend the door correctly. This does however involve drilling the current rivets out. Attempt the method suggested by MTJ, otherwise please post your email here and we will email you the instructions. Alternatively, send an email to technical@slingaircraft.com and we will get back to you.
permagray

Post by permagray »

Thanks for the quick reply. I have seen the instructions on doing it off the plane, just wondering about an on the plane method. Thanks.