Cost to Operate your Sling TSI

Model Specific Discussions about the Sling TSi.
CompleteWalkaround

Cost to Operate your Sling TSI

Post by CompleteWalkaround »

I'm wondering if anyone would like to share any or all of the details listed below related to their airplane ownership experience.

I'm working on a new YouTube channel that focuses on the cost of owning specific aircraft. Something I found sadly lacking online while doing my own airplane buying research over the years.

I do a lot of research for these videos and average and combine all the various data sources I find into a short video.

If you are really keen, you can send me a photo of your plane and I may 'cartoonize' it for a video as well.

I'm looking for any/all the following information:

Aircraft details:
Type
Engine/TBO
Fuel Burn
Fuel Capacity

Costs:
Insurance
Annual
Overhaul
Estimate Maintenance outside of annual.

Thanks very much!

Here are a couple of previous videos if you are interested:

Beechcraft Baron 55

Kitforx S7
ibgarrett

Re: Cost to Operate your Sling TSI

Post by ibgarrett »

I'm in the middle of my build at the moment, so I don't have any real-world operating costs associated with the SlingTsi yet - but I did a fairly extensive overview of why building an experimental aircraft against a certificated aircraft as well as a Sling against a RV10 at https://youtu.be/8UoHngN1z9M

The only challenge with these types of videos is the milage may vary depending upon the type of pilot, location and other external factors which the common person may not have available to them. I seem to encounter a large number of older pilots who fly some really nice expensive certified aircraft, but come to find out they are also A&P's, so their costs are significantly less than the normal person.

I'm definitely guessing at the operating costs for the SlingTsi at this time - but I will soon find out. :D
Brian Garrett
CompleteWalkaround

Hi Brian, Thanks for sharing the video. Very interesting.

It's true the TSI is so new, I thought i might be hard to find flying experience with it at this stage. Lots of builders still but not so many fliers. Good luck with the build. I'm half through my own RV-14 build right now.

Cheers,

Ray
CompleteWalkaround

I was able to pull together all of the information to make a video about Sling TSi. I hope you all find it useful. Cheers