Dimple Die Specs

Model Specific Discussions about the Sling TSi.
Heftiger

Dimple Die Specs

Post by Heftiger »

I received my TSi kit this week and my dimple dies are backordered!

I was able to find the 1/8 in 120 degree die and have that on order. However, I can’t find a source for the other (5/32??) in 120 degree.

Does anybody know where I can get one or possibly have one I can borrow?

I’ve emailed TAF a couple times with no response. I assume they’re busy with the upcoming holiday.

Thanks!
ibgarrett

Re: Dimple Die Specs

Post by ibgarrett »

Might be best to just call Barry at TAF. It won't be the first or last time you need to call him or someone there. He's pretty good about getting back with folks. Sometimes they get busy and miss the emails.
Brian Garrett
Heftiger

Post by Heftiger »

Thanks Brian.

I contacted Barry and he’s trying to run down Scott for me. I’ve talked to the rivet manufacturer as well and multiple suppliers, nobody seems to have anything other than the 1/8” 120 degree die. It’s interesting that these dimple dies are so difficult to source.
ibgarrett

Post by ibgarrett »

I'd send you mine as I "think" I'm done with mine... literally nothing left to rivet that I'm aware of - but I busted one of the shafts on the dimple so it doesn't hold into the dimpler without some extra TLC.

If they can't track some down for you let me know and I can send you the ones I have to get you over the hump.
Brian Garrett