Tsi Insurance quotes

Model Specific Discussions about the Sling TSi.
ibgarrett

Re: Tsi Insurance quotes

Post by ibgarrett »

Oh - and one other thing that bugs me (because I forgot to mention it) is that all the insurance companies out there are effectively brokers who are all using the same source for the backing. So if you go get a quote from one broker, the next broker will have the same price because the underwriter behind the broker will just send the same report.

So in other words - it's a monopoly.

Brian Garrett
BG8473

Post by BG8473 »

Here is another point of reference.

I just got a quote for the Sling High Wing (not the TSi). The annual premium is $9300.
  • The quote is from Starr Companies through Gallagher Aviation
    Hull value is $190,000
    Hull Coverage: Ground and Flight
    Hull Premium??? is $7600
    I have 480 hours total time
    No instrument rating
She acknowledged the quote is high since they have limited insurance companies covering the Sling High Wing. She hopes by Sun N Fun to have more companies onboard.
CDSmith

Post by CDSmith »

BG8473 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:50 pm Here is another point of reference.

I just got a quote for the Sling High Wing (not the TSi). The annual premium is $9300.
  • The quote is from Starr Companies through Gallagher Aviation
    Hull value is $190,000
    Hull Coverage: Ground and Flight
    Hull Premium??? is $7600
    I have 480 hours total time
    No instrument rating
She acknowledged the quote is high since they have limited insurance companies covering the Sling High Wing. She hopes by Sun N Fun to have more companies onboard.
Thanks for the info. Crazy high numbers. Self-insured (or at least under-insured for hull) looks more and more appealing. I assume that was a ballpark or did you have a specific tail number to provide?
BG8473

Post by BG8473 »

CDSmith wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:18 am Thanks for the info. Crazy high numbers. Self-insured (or at least under-insured for hull) looks more and more appealing. I assume that was a ballpark or did you have a specific tail number to provide?

I just requested ballpark information only. I had no Sling HW tail number to provide. I did ask if there was any benefit for ballistic parachute or airbag seatbelts. The agent didn't specifically reply to that.