Sling TSi - raising backseat?

Model Specific Discussions about the Sling TSi.
ychanba

Sling TSi - raising backseat?

Post by ychanba »

Hi.
I consider building a TSi, and had a chance to demo fly one, and it was a great experience!
One thing that concerned me about the design though was how close to the floor the backseat sits. When I got into it, it felt like I was getting into one of those 3-rd row car seats that might work for kids (for a short ride), but might not be as comfortable for an adult.
For those of you who are building/built a TSi - just curious, in your opinion, how easy could it be to build some kind of raised brackets to raise the seat up? Or/and maybe modify tilt of the seat to lean back more?
I'm 200lb 6'4" and had plenty of headroom in the backseat. Due to CG moving back when adding backseat passengers, these passengers would be on a smaller size anyway, but still deserve a comfortable seating position, right?;)
Thank you!
Yuriy
lutorm

Re: Sling TSi - raising backseat?

Post by lutorm »

ychanba wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:03 am I'm 200lb 6'4" and had plenty of headroom in the backseat.
That was not my experience. I'm 5'7 and if I sat straight my head hit the headliner. I would not want to raise it (unless maybe I was only flying kids in the back.)
Blog of various projects: https://blog.familjenjonsson.org/blog/