Sling 2 with 914 engine weights/reviews/thoughts

Model Specific Discussions about the Sling 2 and the Sling LSA.
Fly-Fla

Sling 2 with 914 engine weights/reviews/thoughts

Post by Fly-Fla »

So I’m pretty much decided on building a Sling 2, but was looking at the possibility of using the 914 engine to pep it up a bit. In researching this choice, I’m not finding much online with reviews with the 914. I can see the factory numbers, but I’m curious of the real life weight penalty of the turbo and constant speed prop and whether its worth the expense and some possible maintenance issues (carbs and the turbo). Anyone have any thoughts?
PhilipRueker
Site Admin

Re: Sling 2 with 914 engine weights/reviews/thoughts

Post by PhilipRueker »

I'm not sure if there are very many people who actually have the Sling 2 with the 914 configuration, but it might be a great question for the nice folks at Sling to chime in on beyond what's on the website.

Pinging #slingsupport if they can chime in with some real world experiences on what would change.
Building a Sling TSi in my Garage.
Build Log | Timelapse Progress Videos
Cluemeister

Post by Cluemeister »

I'm wondering if you could hop over the 914 and go directly to the 915! That's a question for the Sling guys.
Sling Technical Official
Sling Aircraft Official

Post by Sling Technical Official »

You could fit the 915 as long as you stay within the flight, weight and C of G limitations. The aircraft has never been fitted with one before.