'New' Sling 4 in Canberra

Come and introduce yourself here.
geoff_g

'New' Sling 4 in Canberra

Post by geoff_g »

Been following these forums for a while, thought it's probably time to introduce myself

I'm a PPL in Canberra, Australia and have been flying mainly Cessna 172's for several years, renting from the local aero club. I first saw the Sling a couple of years ago at Avalon (Aussie version of Oshkosh - but MUCH smaller) and it's been in the back of my mind since then, as a great aircraft for touring with my wife in a modern aircraft (she never was a huge fan of the 60's era airframe and steam gauges).

Anyway, whilst not a BUILDER, I am now an OWNER of a fairly well know pre-owned Sling 4, being the former ZU-TAD, which some on the forum may be familiar with as the early TSi prototype/demonstrator, with this aircraft having a 915is, TSi wings and tailplane for a period of time for testing, whilst touring across Africa. It's new home is with me in Canberra, now as VH-KMQ, and it flies very nicely - I am very impressed with the aircraft and what TAF have built.

Hopefully we'll be having many great adventures exploring Oz with this little ripper, and meeting up with other Sling-ers down under.

Geoff
Geoff G

Sling 4 - VH-KMQ
Canberra, Australia
Cluemeister

Re: 'New' Sling 4 in Canberra

Post by Cluemeister »

Welcome to the forum! Does ZU-TAD still have the 915is? Or was it returned to Sling 4 status with a 914?
geoff_g

Re: 'New' Sling 4 in Canberra

Post by geoff_g »

No, everything was returned to standard Sling 4, so back to the 914, although the oil tank is on the 'wrong' side (they left that on the pilot side)
Geoff G

Sling 4 - VH-KMQ
Canberra, Australia