Completed Sing TSi N981EB

Come and introduce yourself here.
EStanhagen

Completed Sing TSi N981EB

Post by EStanhagen »

Hello everyone,
Now that I have finished building my TSi I am finally getting around to introducing myself here on the forum. After placing orders for the entire kit during Sun n Fun 2022, and entering into a build assist contract with Henry and Nicole Rise of Midwest Sky Sports/Midwest Build Center, the kit arrived in Michigan (Midwest Sky Sports hangar) in April of 2023. My wife and I started work during the first week of May and continued our project with week long trips to the build center in June, July, August, and September. Following that trip the build center prepared the airplane for paint, painted it, installed the avionics, assembled it and prepared it for the airworthiness inspection. We returned for that in late January then made two more trips to perform Phase 1 testing. We're now back at our home on Massey Ranch Airpark in Edgewater, FL and the airplane resides in our hangar a few feet away from me as I write this post.
We used Midwest Panel Builders for the avionics package, opting to install practically every available option, including the external alternator and Aithre oxygen package. Steve and Adam are a great team with a very capable crew behind them. They made the experience easy and are very responsive to questions and requests.
Altogether the build was an outstanding experience; much more than my wife and I ever expected. We entered into it expecting to finish with a well built airplane but got that and much more, having met many great people along the way.
If you have the means to afford assistance with building I highly recommend it, particularly if you have never build an aircraft before. If you go with Midwest Build Center I assure you that you will be very happy you did when you reach the end of the project.
Eric Stanhagen
N981EB
Tahoebob

Re: Completed Sing TSi N981EB

Post by Tahoebob »

Congratulations on your beautiful new airplane!
My wife and I spent several hours with Henry and Nicole in late December and were impressed with their shop and your plane. They have a terrific build center and it was very cool to see 9 Slings in various stages of assembly there.
Thanks to their testimonials about the quality of the kits, I ordered my empennage kit thru Midwest Skysports in mid February; it's currently en route with an expected arrival at TAF-LA in early May. I'll be doing a slow build at my home shop, but Henry and his team will be a valued resource for me too.
Bob Kartman
EAA Chapter 2 (Ft Wayne), EAA Chapter 301 (Denver)

Sling TSI Empennage Kit ordered February 2024