Discord for Sling?

General purpose discussions.
ibgarrett

Discord for Sling?

Post by ibgarrett »

I've often thought it'd be nice to have a bit more real time conversations around Sling. Is anyone interested in doing a Discord channel? I'm happy to fire one up for everyone if folks would find it useful?

For those of you not familiar with Discord, it's a chat based app that you can do everything from sharing files, calls, pictures, etc etc. The channel would be unique to Sling Builders/enthusiasts.

Thanks,

Brian
Brian Garrett
Poobah

Re: Discord for Sling?

Post by Poobah »

That's a great idea! I'd be happy to join.
ibgarrett

Post by ibgarrett »

O.k. - I've got a Sling Discord up and running... https://discord.gg/bePA2YcV
Brian Garrett
lutorm

Post by lutorm »

Personally, I'm wary of splitting traffic further, since this forum is already quite dead. I understand if you just want to shoot the breeze, but do us a favor and direct any substantial discussions about building here so that it's archived for others to see.
Blog of various projects: https://blog.familjenjonsson.org/blog/
ibgarrett

Post by ibgarrett »

IMHO the traffic is already quite fractured. Based on what I have been able to see, Facebook is the predominant source of real time data and quite a few folks reference there alone for help. I'm not on Facebook so it makes it challenging for me when I have questions that I'd like to interact with someone on. I haven't been on here in probably a month and there were only 5 posts around the Tsi. If there's a way to increase the traffic here I'm all for supporting it.
Brian Garrett