Building a Sling in Spain

Want to talk about what it takes to build a plane based on your countries regulations?
What are the procedures to certify an Experimental airplane?
What pieces of equipment do you need for Instrument flying?
Edu1618

Building a Sling in Spain

Post by Edu1618 »

Hello,

I just moved to Spain from the USA and would like to build a Sling TSI. I know in Spain Sling are not certified aircraft but I would like to know the following information if anyone has some knowledge:

1) Are homebuilt kit planes like the Sling able to get insurance in Spain?

2) Are Sling aircraft able to fly in Spain under IFR conditions?

3) I believe that homebuilt aircraft in Spain have special restrictions like not flying over cities, and other populated areas. Is it possible to get those restriction removed if meeting specific requirements?

Thanks.
ianc9

Re: Building a Sling in Spain

Post by ianc9 »

Hi,
I could tell you what the situation is in Ireland (which is another EASA regulated country) but there are still differences on rule around Permit/Experimental aircraft across the EU :)

There is almost certainly a society or group dedicated to Permit aircraft in Spain and they would be the best ones to talk to. Failing that, you could try the VANS forum
lutorm

Re: Building a Sling in Spain

Post by lutorm »

Is there a EAA-affiliate chapter in Spain? It seems likely there's some organization for homebuilt aircraft, they're probably the best bet for questions about local regulations.
Blog of various projects: https://blog.familjenjonsson.org/blog/